Due to the massive improvements done so far in the 0.2-series, I've decided to release a preview alpha1-version.
There are numerous changes, and important rewrites aimed at stability and restructuring for coming features. Some highlight include:
- 95 commits since 0.1-branch.
- Some new features:
- Encryption / authentication between nodes
- HTTP monitor port to see open connections, asset statistics etc.
- Ping/heartbeat to detect stale connections.
- Important rewrites:
- Asynchronous sending, improving performance and avoiding some DOS-vectors.
- RefCounting resources, avoiding leaking file handles.
- Threaded asynchronous hashing, slightly improving write performance in cache.
- Lots of minor bugfixes:
- See git log.
These are major improvements over 0.1, everybody is recommended to upgrade.
For final 0.2, there are still some planned features and improvement for final 0.2, most notably:
A milestone for 0.2 have been setup in GitHub, showing the progress of things. Please test, and submit feedback.